Search > Griffin Hotel


Updates

Re-opens on the 6th of July. See website for details.

http://www.chefandbrewer.com/pub/griffin-bowdon/c0714/

#PullingTogether - Find out more

NOTICE: As venues recover following the coronavirus lockdown period they need your support more than ever. But please be aware that some special restrictions may apply, opening hours may be different to those displayed here, and some venues may be yet to re-open at all. Before visiting any venue, we strongly advise you to check its website or social media, or get in touch with them first to avoid disappointment.

If you see any details here that need updating, please let us know by submitting feedback on the pub.

Griffin Hotel

Stamford Road
Bowdon
ALTRINCHAM
WA14 2TP

View on Map

Opening Times

Monday11.00 am - 11.00 pm
Tuesday11.00 am - 11.00 pm
Wednesday11.00 am - 11.00 pm
Thursday11.00 am - 11.00 pm
Friday11.00 am - Midnight
Saturday11.00 am - Midnight
Sunday11.00 am - 10.30 pm

Owner

Chef & Brewer (Greene King)

About the Pub

The Griffin describes itself as a “Pub Restaurant”. It is a traditional old building, possibly originally a farmhouse. with a modernised interior. The decor is attractive and there is carpeting to most seating areas.

To the left of the bar is the good sized restaurant occupying some 25% of the floor space. The other 75% is the pub with plenty of seating and tables. The open plan aspect is divided into “open rooms”. The canned music can be intrusive but there are one or two quiet corners where the speakers are turned off.

As well as real ales the bar is well stocked with British lagers, bottled beers and ciders, wines and soft drinks.

Food served in the restaurant is to a standard Chef and Brewer menu. In relation to the quality and quantity the prices are on the high side.

The Griffin is very popular with a wide range of age groups, locals and visitors and is usually busy.

Regular cask ales

This pub serves 5 regular beers.

  • Black Sheep Best Bitter
  • Bombardier
  • Greene King IPA
  • Tatton --varies--
  • Timothy Taylor Landlord

Add changing beers

Email this pub to a friend

Griffin Hotel, Bowdon

Features

  • RealAle Real Ale Available
  • MemberDiscountScheme Member Discount Scheme

    10% discount.

  • CaskMarque Cask Marque Accredited

Facilities

  • DisabledAccess Disabled Access
  • Garden Pub Garden

    Beer garden (not much greenery)

  • Parking Parking
  • FunctionRoom Function Room

    20 ppl.

  • Newspapers Newspapers
  • RealFire Real Fire
  • Smoking Smoking Area

    Heated and covered.

  • WiFi Wifi

View on Larger Map

Griffin Hotel

Stamford Road
Bowdon
ALTRINCHAM
WA14 2TP

Sat Nav Reference

53.37813, -2.363477

Transport

  • <Bus Close to Bus Routes
  • <Metro Close to Metro

Nearby Bus Routes (< ½ mile)

38, 289

Closest Station (1100m)

Hale

Nearby Metro (1500m)

Altrincham

Directions

Opposite St Mary’s church, 220yards up the hill from the B5160

Submit Pub Feedback to CAMRA

We welcome the help of all users to contribute to this important campaigning project. Please use the form below to submit feedback or updates directly to the CAMRA branch for consideration.

Please note that any changes mentioned WILL NOT have an immediate effect on whatpub.com but will instead be emailed directly to the CAMRA branch Pubs Officer for consideration. If you provide your name and/or email address this information will also be visible to the Pubs Officer, who may use this information to follow up your feedback. IF YOU WISH TO CONTACT THE PUB DIRECT, PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS FORM.

Submit Beer Scores

The National Beer Scoring System has been upgraded and is now fully integrated with whatpub.com, making finding a pub and scoring your beers much easier.

Beer scoring is only available to CAMRA members. To start scoring please login below or join CAMRA on the national website.

Join CAMRA | Member Login

Campaign for your local

We campaign on a number of issues to help keep pubs open and pints affordable. If you love beer and pubs, get involved today!

Find out more

The Red (On)Lion
Save your local pub Join CAMRA The Red (On)Lion
Close overlay