Search > Stokes & Moncreiff

Stokes & Moncreiff

(formerly Royal Oak, Twickenham Tup, Hedgehog & Stump)

13 Richmond Road

View on Map

Opening Times

10-11 Mon-Thu; 10-1am Fri & Sat; 11-11 Sun

Meal Times



Enterprise Inns

About the Pub

This is a large spacious pub with high ceilings and good seating capacity. It was originally the Glass & Bottle when built in 1635 but was completely rebuilt in the 1900s as the Royal Oak. The pub temporarily closed and reopened under a new name and new management in February 2014, as a quality bar/restaurant. The pub is bookings only, before the England internationals and then it opens to everyone once the games start. Large sports screens but only for rugby. Gastro style food and an extensive wine list. Children welcome until 6pm. If you are wondering about the new name of the pub, it commemorates the first ever Rugby Union international game between England and Scotland. Team Captains: Fred Stokes (Eng) and Francis Moncreiff (Scot), held at Raeburn Place in Edinburgh on 27 March 1871.

Regular Beers

This pub serves 2 regular beers.

  • Sharp's Doom Bar
  • Timothy Taylor Landlord

Social Links


  • RealAle Real Ale Available


  • LunchtimeMeals Lunchtime Meals
  • EveningMeals Evening Meals
  • DogFriendly Dog Friendly
  • FunctionRoom Function Room

    Moncreiff Lounge.

  • Restaurant Restaurant Area
  • Smoking Smoking Area
  • SportsTV Sports TV
  • WiFi Wifi

Email this pub to a friend

View on Larger Map

Sat Nav Reference

51.448627, -0.324923


  • <Bus Close to Bus Routes
  • <Station Close to Railway Station

Nearby Bus Routes (< ½ mile)

R68, R70, 33, H22, 490, N22

Nearby Station (350m)


  • Nearby Pubs
  • Recently Viewed Pubs

Submit Beer Scores

The National Beer Scoring System has been upgraded and is now fully integrated with, making finding a pub and scoring your beers much easier.

Beer scoring is only available to CAMRA members. To start scoring please login below or join CAMRA on the national website.

Join CAMRA | Member Login


Close overlay