- Real Ale is NOT Available
This pub is permanently closed.
About the Pub
Now sadly closed, this tile hung two bar pub in the village centre was adjacent to the famous clock where Jack the Hammer strikes the hour on his anvil. Formerly a hemp barn and next to a tannery, the pub was first licensed in 1840. The central entrance had a public bar to the right and a lounge to the left with a separate restaurant a further step from the lounge. There was impressive ironwork around the bar where the design included several horseshoes, tools, and the pub name. The pub closed suddenly in June 2012 and is opening in January 2014 as a cookery school.
This pub serves 1 regular beer.
- Family Friendly